Many bands/performers want to play at the SPIRIT OF 66 but we obviously can't accommodate everyone that sends us their press package.
Can you remember the last time YOU plunked down your hard-earned Euros to see a band? Chances are it was a band you heard on the radio, read about, saw their video, or knew about in some way. That's how audiences generally decide what they want to see... so if you are an unknown act in our region, chances are the audience isn't going to show up just because you're playing, even if it is in one of the most active live-music clubs in Belgium and you're one of the best "unknown" live-acts...
If audience doesn't show up, the band makes no money, the staff makes no money, the club makes no money. If that happens too often, the club will eventually close and there will be one less place to see live music and for bands to play. Keep this in mind when you make the effort to send us your kit.
Many performers are impossible to book for a show, not because they aren't talented, but because they are not appropriate for the club presently. We don't want you to waste your hard-earned money on CDs, demos, glossys, posters, postage, couriers, only to have them in the "Impossible" list...
Having said all that, good luck in your endeavours!
Please send a professional press kit per regular postal mail or per e-mail (including your best videos links, website, Facebook, etc...) to:
LOOK AT MUSIC ASBL
c/o Francis GERON
Avenue Reine Astrid, 99a
4831 Limbourg (Belgium)
Tel : +32 (0)87 76 32 71
Mob : +32 (0)475 24 14 93
Fax +32 (0)87 76 37 19
- Public capacity: 340
- Address: Place du Martyr 16 - 4800 Verviers - Belgium
- Doors open : usually 1 hour before the show
- System V Dynacord / Electro Voice 4 ways active contr. by 2 processors DSP 244 4 ways mono / active
- 2 Tops V12A (12" & 2" high)
- 4 Bass HP8 (15")
- 2 sub bass HP V18 (18")
- 2 sub bass 2 X 15" HK front loaded
- 2 sub bass 2 X 15" SA front loaded + 4 Martin ICT 500 + processor (in venue) + 2 Martin Audio ICT 500 + processor (for Central dispersion)
- Amps : Electro-Voice & QSC : Total : 7 + 2 KW
- Mixing table: SOUNDCRAFT MH3 40 CH + 4 st.
- INSERTS :
- KLARK TEKNIK DL370 stereo 1/3 oct EQ 2 x 31 st. for L/R FOH + DBX 1231 for Center Line
- COMPRESSORS :
- DBX 160 mono (5) + DBX 266XL stereo (2) + DBX 166 stereo (1)
- EFFECTS :
- Lexicon PM91 / Yamaha Pro R3 / Lexicon MX300 / TC Electronics M One / Alesis Microverb4 / Roland SRV 330 + BBC Sonic Maximiser 882
- NOISE GATES :
- Drawner Dual Gate DS201 + Drawner DL241B Dual Compr./Gate + 2 Drawner MX40 Punch Gate (4 ch each)
- Most of the time we use 4 or 5 AUX from FOH mixing desk (+ 3 DBX 231 stereo EQ's 2 x 31 st)
- For larger shows, we have on duty SOUNDCRAFT SIcompact 32x16 digital
- WEDGES :
- 5 MARTIN AUDIO LE1500 + 4 MARTIN AUDIO LE1200 + Bass Cabinet Whaferdale + 7 x VM 15 Dyn/EV ( 15” + 2” H) + Drumfill
- Large assortment of Shure SM 58 / SM 57 / Beta 58 / Beta 56a / Beta 87a/ Beta Green 58a / SH55 / 588SD...
- For drums & specials : Shure Beta 52a (2) + AKG D112 (1) + AUDIX Micro D + AUDIX D6 (1) + Beta Green 6.1 (6) + Audio Technica Pro 37R (3) + AKG C1000S (1) + Shure SM94 (1) + Sennheiser E609 Evolution (4) + EV N/D 967 (2) + Sennheiser MD421 + AKG 525S + Rode NT5 (4)+ BEYERDYNAMIC TG-X60 (1) + Neumann TLM102 + audio technica AE5400
- 24 PAR64
- 12 PAR64/LED
- 4 Showtec Multi Profile 1000W
- 7 moving Wash Led 91L3 Zoom
- 4 Martin kripton
- 2 Future light wave led moving bar
- 6 Elation PAR LED BLANC
- 16 ACL par 36
- 2 T10
- 2 LED STRIP
- DESK: AVOLITES Pearl 2010 Rolacue
- VIDEO: projector + screen 2.50 x 2.50 m
- D.I. Boxes: 10
- Guitar Amps:
- Marshall JCM 2000 + 1960A 4X12" cabinet
- Marshall JCM 800 (combo 2 X 12") (vintage)
- Fender Blues Deluxe 1x12"
- Fender Twinn Reverb 2x12"
- Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10"
- Fender Band Master Reverb + 2 x 12" Jensen's speakers cabinet
- Vox AC30 (re-edition)
- Roland Jazz Chorus 160
- Bass Amps: HARTKE 3500 (+ spare: Hugues & Kettner KIK 707) + 4 X 10" and 1 X 15” cabinets
- Keyboards: Roland Cube 60 + Laney Keyboard Combo Amp
- Drums: PEARL "Session Custom" All Maple Shells including : 10" 12" 13" & 16" toms / 22" kik / 14" snare + a Second Snare
- Hardware: Pearl & Dixon, some CYMBALS : HH, Ride, Crash, Splash (limited choice)
- Keyboard: KORG M1
Stage / Backstage
- 8.50m x 4.50m x 0.80m - Clearance : 3.50 m
- Dressing Room : YES (one)
- Showers : YES (one)
- Backstage toilets : YES